Sunday, January 29, 2017

Kindergarten Gop

In an article in the Daily Beast, Republican strategist Evan Siegfried wrote, “Republicans face a real and looming threat to our survival as a major party: Just 20 percent of millennials identify with the GOP.” To gain millennial support, Siegfried argued that the Republican Party should demonstrate a commitment to such issues as racial equality, affordable college tuition, and LGBT rights.

Well, that’s one way to go about it. Sarah Palin seems to have a different approach. She appears to be grooming the kindergarten demographic to become future members of the Republican Party. Or at least that’s what I gather from this Facebook post:

“Phony baloney uproar over Trump's so-called "immigration ban" while the silence is deafening over Obama's real immigration ban.”


It’s good, but I do think it would have been more effective if it included something about Obama having cooties.

Photo by Grant Barrett from San Mateo, California, United States - Guthrie at daycare, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=23549945

14 comments:

  1. Sigh. Big, big sigh.
    And hiss and spit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baloney is spelled bologna #alternativefacts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe she actually used the words "phoney baloney." I saw the funniest meme on FB yesterday. An image of DT signing orders with Jesus in ghostly form helping him. It said the photo was wrong because as Jesus was Middle Eastern, he's no longer allowed into the US to help DT or anyone. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something seriously wrong with that woman (and quite a few others in the White House...).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Palin is bologna indeed. Mostly between her ears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Phony baloney" haha. I can't believe a grown, political woman would say or tweet that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh. When will politicians stop name-calling. They all need a time-out or perhaps alternative school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I consider her a cartoon character who needs to return to school and get an education. Maybe she will go to the school with the kids from South Park and we can all enjoy what will happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Susan. Many politicians and even citizens need a time out. Let's see some more of that tolerance so many like to say but not do. Perhaps the kindergarten thing is a good idea, at least following the rules on how to be polite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♫ My bologna has a first name, it's S-A-R-A-H,
    My bologna has a second name, it's P-A-L-I-N... ♫

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mention of "cooties" took me right back to my childhood and how we desperately didn't want to catch them from the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment on my guest post on the Really Real Housewives blog. I do appreciate it, dear lady, and now it's time to return the favor.

    I LOVE your sense of humor and will definitely have to buy a copy of your book when it comes out next month. Did you have to get some kind of legal clearance to use Ms. Palin's name in your book's title, or as a public figure, is she considered fair game?

    Well, darn. I was gonna sign on as your newest groupie, but I don't see a "follow me" thing-a-ma-bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, good old Sarah Palin. She never lets us down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope she uses the "I know you are, but what am I?" argument next.

    ReplyDelete