Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Today Is the Greatest


Monopoly was invented on March 7. The telephone was patented on March 7. Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad fame was born on March 7. So was Wanda Sykes. And, most notably, on March 7, 2017, my book Sarah Palin’s Expert Guide to Good Grammar: What You Can Learn from Someone Who Doesn’t Know Write from Right was published.

It’s imperative that this book finds its way into the hands of as many people as possible in order to make “American” great again (and because I’m totally ready for an early retirement).

Therefore, it’s your patriotic duty to do any or all of the following:

1.     Turn to the person next to you and tell him or her about the book.
2.     If you know Oprah, ask her to include it in her Book Club.
3.     If you own a plane, skywrite the title in the sky. It’s a long title, so I owe you big time. 
4.     If you own one of those cars with a loudspeaker, promote the book while driving through a busy street.
5.     Tweet about it.
6.     Maybe mention it in a Facebook post.
7.     Maybe even mention it in a blog post.
8.     Add it to your shelf on Goodreads.
9.     Tell your boss to buy it for his or her employees. (There’s a great chapter on email.) If you’re the boss, buy it for all your employees.
10. If you work in a bookstore, accidentally order a ton of copies.

If you did any of these things (or even if you didn’t but just want a free copy of the book), let me know in the comments and I will enter you into a raffle to win a copy.






20 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Good luck.
    I can think of many, many worse ways to make America great again - and would love a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like a chance at a copy. I could realistically try number 7 and 8 and probably will. I also like Wanda Sykes. Now I feel like I am oozing patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oprah wont' speak to me anymore. I told her I showed up late for that car thing and it got really weird after that

    ReplyDelete
  4. E.L. James was born on March 7. she wrote that book about the giant peach.

    without the telephone patent we wouldn't have "Hello" by Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is in very fine company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! March 7th is a fabulous day. :)

    #2...I had always wanted that for myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has the possibility of being very funny, except that I'll be reminded that someone in the wilds of Alaska the woman still exists... Of course, with Dump in the White House or Southern Florida, she doesn't seem quite as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You have the best sense of humor. Your posts are always so funny and leave me chuckling. Oprah and I plan to do lunch next week, you and be sure I'll mention your book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your release! You may have a long title, but every time I read it I giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're fun. Thanks for stopping by so I could discover your amusing spot in blogland. Much success with your publication. YOU BETCHA!
    And Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I knew Oprah, I would tell her. Congrats on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Call me silly but where do I go to purchase your book?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will look for your book.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA! Fun post. I didn't do any of those things, but I did BUY your book and READ it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I'm on it! (Calling Oprah ... )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the book release! I have to say the ideas you put out there are awesome. I would love to know Oprah or someone else to give book suggestions to. :)

    Wishing you all the best!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Done, done, done, done and done! Cheers and congrats!

    So, full disclosure. I turned to the person beside me and told her all about it, but is it a problem if she's a cat? I mean, she seems totally on board.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my. Now that's a post for a first visit! Very cool. I'm going to have to check the book out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations. Very exciting times for you. Wishing you many sales.

    ReplyDelete