Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The End of a Sarah?

Last night, I finished the last of the brownies that my mother-in-law made while she was visiting. On the one hand, I was relieved. Their absence will shed a good 3,000 calories from my daily intake. But, on the other hand, I know I’m really, really going to miss them. It was definitely bittersweet to say goodbye.

Similarly, I felt torn when I read this recent Washington Post article about Sarah Palin called “The End of Sarah Palin Is Here." 

On the one hand, good riddance to the war she has been waging on grammar and coherent sentences since she was catapulted into the national spotlight over eight years ago. But, on the other hand, dude, Sarah, it’s been over eight years. I have a book coming out in a couple of weeks that bears your name in the title. You couldn’t have waited like another six months.

But, wait, there’s another way to think about this. When Kobe Bryant announced his retirement, the value of his trading cards shot up to $100,000. When Derek Jeter announced his retirement, ticket prices skyrocketed from $15 to $300. Sure, the article didn't claim that Sarah was actually retiring, just that she had shut down her Sarah PAC, but, still, better safe than sorry.

In other words, guys, you should all buy my book before it becomes way too expensive. It comes out March 7, but you can totally pre-order it. Here’s the link! Hurry! 


Photo by T toes from Decatur, USA - palinwave, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4722408

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure the interest in Sarah won't lessen. She's just too notorious. Wishing you super success with your upcoming book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that Sarah, bless her cold little heart, is on the way out. Cashing in on her temporary notoriety is the only way she can make a living. She comes from a long line of grifters and just can't help herself. She is not like a dead artist who is worth more dead, but I really will buy your book sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies - yum! Definitely worth the calories. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Sarah, which is good news in terms of your book and bad news in terms of everything else :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never willingly eat mother-in-law brownies. you two seem to have a non-poisonous relationship, bless.

    why is it that an artist only really gets popular after their death? that's the final cruel irony. an artist's life is hard enough. poor Vincent.

    just for the record, you're way hotter than Tina Fey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I'm sure it'll be okay. I agree with Lexa, the interest people have in Sarah Palin will remain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah. Sarah Palin enjoys the spotlight too much to fade from the public eye entirely. Besides, compared to our new POTUS, she's looking more reasonable all the time. :)

    Good luck with your book! I'm a rather cheap... no, make that thrifty... SOB, (sassy old broad) and I've never paid that much for an e-book before, but 12:34 is my "lucky" time... and if you've ever noticed, that's when my posts always go live, so I have no choice but to buy your book. (Sigh... I'll just have to stop eating for a few days, I suppose...) Seriously, I think your book is gonna be hilarious, and I'm looking forward to reading it. (Of COURSE I bought it... )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we've seen enough sports figures retire and then come back, so you never know. Best wishes with the book. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Often we become more fascinated with someone once their time in the spotlight is over. Only then can we look back and see the totality of their impact. But I have a feeling she won't be gone forever...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it funny that not even Trump wanted her in his liquor cabinet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link to your book...checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, as long as she continues to say stupid things, she'll still be around. Checking out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a feeling she won't be gone for too long. She'll run out of money and will need to do something to make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think she'll be gone forever- but good point about getting the book while we can afford it, just in case. ;)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete